These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 pm Advanced search

Do you have any html5 web app examples (not using javascript

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Do you have any html5 web app examples (not using javascript

Postby meteor » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:02 am

Do you have an html5 web app that only uses html5 and CSS? (and NOT javascript). I'd just like to see what other people are making because I don't understand how you could make an interactive webapp without using javascript (and I don't want to learn javascript). I'd like to see what a web app looks like.
meteor
<h6>

Re: Do you have any html5 web app examples (not using javasc

Postby zcorpan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 am

Why don't you want to learn javascript?
zcorpan
<article>

Postby JAB Creations » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Imagine trying to speak even only an hour using sentences with only nouns (X/HTML) and adjectives (CSS) though without verbs (JavaScript). While I think no language is without it's faults I think JavaScript is a great language! :) If you need help getting a reasonable grasp on it I'd be happy to help, I know it can be difficult learning something if you keep coming across bad examples.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby meteor » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 pm

I've tried learning it several times and all the books and classes I've tried seem to talk about it like a computer programming course. like an encyclopedia of information and it's just confusing me because the code is so different from html and CSS.

I really wish there was a super beginners level that said: if you want to do this, type in this script, If you want to do that, use that script. I cannot believe that I need to learn a whole new language just to do some basic things.

A good analogy is when I learned photoshop. I actually only needed to know about 10% of the program to do a lot of things -- yet all the classes I took forced me to learn stuff I never used or wanted to learn.
meteor
<h6>

Postby zcorpan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:13 am

Well it depends on what kind of app you want to do. What kind of thing do you have in mind? Can you give an example?
zcorpan
<article>

Postby BlueBoden » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 am

Its generally best to only pick up the stuff as you need it. Don't just sit down and read tutorials blindly, without any use of whats in the tutorials.

If you have something which needs to be done in JavaScript, then figure out how to do that first. Never mind all the irrelevant stuff.
BlueBoden
<h4>

Return to General Discussion