These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 pm Advanced search

issue with offline cache

If you are stuck or have questions regarding HTML or other Web technologies, ask your questions here. No question too dumb!

issue with offline cache

Postby yugandhar adem » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:45 am

Hi,
I have a web application and I have implemented the offlilne cache using the HTML5 cache manifest. The cache thing works fine on my local machine using the local setup where I am not passing the user name and password.

But when I tried to implement the offline cache in my production application, the first time when I login, all the contents are getting cached. Later when I close my browser and access the link again, it gives me a "connection error" as it tries to access the login screen.

I get a "Application Cache manifest could not be fetched, because a redirection was attempted" error.

Is there any way to store the credentials in the cache which can be directly used when I reopen the browser.

Thanks,
Yugandhar
yugandhar adem
<h6>

Re: issue with offline cache

Postby niloy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 am

You can serve your resources from CDN servers which will have the added benefits of less load on main server and faster page loading.
niloy
<h6>

Return to Help & Advice