These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm Advanced search

Video On The Web

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Video On The Web

Postby mark_waltersmith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 am

Hey guys, I was wondering, that almost 90% of Video on the web is in flash. How will that video be converted into HTML 5. Also, are there any good HTML Video editing tools
mark_waltersmith
<h6>

Postby JAB Creations » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:08 pm

At one point well over 90% of web surfers were using Internet Explorer 6, now it's down to single digits on many websites.

As far as video conversation keep in mind not all designers and developers will embed the movie files in to the Flash object. Those that did will likely have a high quality backup any way if they're professional and if they don't then they aren't.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby videotob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am

Hey guys, I was wondering, that almost 90% of Video on the web is in flash. How will that video be converted into HTML 5. Also, are there any good HTML Video editing tools

Hi,

in HTML5 you need have videos in two formats, one mp4/h.264 for IE9, Chrome 3.0+ or Safari 3.1+ and ogg/theora for Firefox 3.5+ or Chrome 3.0+.

Convert from flash with h.264 to mp4 is simple without recompress:

e.g. ffmpeg -i flash.flv -f mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy new.mp4

And convert to ogg/theora the best is by ffmpeg2theora with recompress:

e.g. ffmpeg2theora flash.flv -o new.ogg

I have a project with html5/theora/h.264 on my web: http://www.videotob.com
videotob
<h6>

Return to General Discussion