These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm Advanced search

My Experience of HTML5

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

My Experience of HTML5

Postby onlineconnect » Wed May 19, 2010 12:44 am

Well I decided that I would do an article on HTML5, but have to admit I approached the subject well to be honest totally negatively. I had spent time learning XHTML and then making sites strict XHTML, done semantic structures , been told javascript was bad, then told it was good, and well to be honest felt like it was all a complete waste of time.

Another bloody web standard I thought after wasting time turning <b> to <strong>, as I read HTML5 I cursed to myself "great now there saying <b> is OK again (never thought their was anything wrong in the first place)."

Then as I delved into the history of HTML5 , I thought, hang on these guys are saying the things I felt back then. Mark Pilgrims rant on W3C (very funny) and even the formation of WHATWG I recognised was born out of a frustration of where XHTML was heading.

Slowly my opinion changed and as I started to read about common tasks such as form validation being shifted to the browser I was hooked. The more I read the more I fell in love with HTML5. Or should we say "lego" instead of "love".

By the end of the article I dumped my Strict XHTML Doctype that was so complicated I can no longer remember it and put up <!DOCTYPE html>.

Great work guys. I am now a HTML5 lego'er.........
onlineconnect
<h6>

HTML5

Postby AMWJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Mark Pilgrim's rant

What was this?
AMWJ
<h6>

Return to General Discussion