These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm Advanced search

sessionStorage / localStorage

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

sessionStorage / localStorage

Postby greenleaf » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:31 am

how do I view browse all the data contained inside of a sessionStorage or localStorage object? I'm looking for something kinda like a cookie viewer, or a script that dumps the data is also fine. I just want to know what data a site is storing on my computer.
greenleaf
<h6>

Postby dm_tim » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:55 pm

If you're using Safari you can view localstorage via the developer toolbar. Here's a link: http://developer.apple.com/technologies ... tools.html

Safari includes tools for inspecting the HTML5 offline data that will be part of the next generation of web applications. Safari’s Storage pane allows you to view localStorage and sessionsStorage data, inspect SQL database information, and even execute SQL queries from a command-line interface. You can also see cookie information for all domains accessed on the page you’re viewing.
[/quote]
dm_tim
<h6>

Postby cappo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 pm

you can use developer tools also in Google Chrome. We can view what we store in localstorage and sessionstorage
cappo
<h6>

Return to General Discussion