These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

Converting from a Flash timeline to HTML5/javascript coding

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Converting from a Flash timeline to HTML5/javascript coding

Postby Long Con » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Is there any help or tutorials out there that can assist me? I'm converting an existing Flash project into HTML5, and one of the things I have run into is converting a 24 frames/second movie into a setInterval-based script.

I worked out that 24 frames per second is equal to 1 frame every 41.666... milliseconds, so I set my setInterval time to 42.

For every animated element, I have used 'if' statements to start them up... like if the element appeared in frame 108, for example, it gets its own 'if currentFrame >= 108' statement to exist in.

This method seems like it would get overwhelmingly complicated, does anyone have a better way?
Long Con
<h5>

Re: Converting from a Flash timeline to HTML5/javascript cod

Postby zcorpan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 pm

If you know that something is to appear on frame 108, why not set a timer to make it appear at that time instead of checking which frame you're at on each frame update?
zcorpan
<article>

Re: Converting from a Flash timeline to HTML5/javascript cod

Postby bennyliu » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 am

I use sothink swf decompiler for conversion, .swf to html. You can Google that tool, maybe it brings help. :)
bennyliu
<h6>

Return to General Discussion