These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm Advanced search

<audio> level?

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

<audio> level?

Postby MartijnF » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:43 am

Hello,

Is there a way to display the level at which audio is being played, using HTML5's audio object? I'm not talking about the volume functions, I'm looking for the actual level of the audio being played at the current moment. Using this I'm hoping to create a VU-meter of sorts.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Martijn
MartijnF
<h6>

Postby zcorpan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:55 am

zcorpan
<article>

Re: <audio> level?

Postby mehak » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 am

hiee dear..

Yes, there is a way to display the level at which audio is being played. By using the media element you can easily slow down and increase the volume of your audio player and it range from 0.0 (silent) to 1.0 (loudest).

Moreover, HTML5 also has "muted attribute" to mute the audio channel. You can even set this audio attribute with video elements for controlling the volume. For further details about audio tags and other tags, i wish to recommend you to take a look on "www.thehtml5tutorials.com". It may help you get familiarization with other tags and tools of HTML5.
mehak
<h6>

Return to General Discussion