These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

Possible to create HTML5 Pages within HTML4 site?

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Possible to create HTML5 Pages within HTML4 site?

Postby amalgamated » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 am

Okay I know this is probably not possible but just wanted to check. I have a Joomla & Magento site that incorporates flash in several pages throughout.

iPad visitorship is becoming a significant percentage overall. Is it possible to just recreate those pages in Html5 replacing flash and display those pages to iPad visitors instead of the default flash version? Or must I recreate the entire site in Html5. Then there is the question of Html5 on Joomla & Magento as well. If there are some developers here that can offer some counsel, I work for a record label that has several brands/sites live and your reply could lead to some dev work for a cool indie record label with a 30 year history.
amalgamated
<h6>

Re: Possible to create HTML5 Pages within HTML4 site?

Postby zcorpan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:41 pm

You don't need to recreate anything. The good thing with HTML5 is that you can start using the new features without changing anything else, and it'll still work. The old strict doctypes are even valid HTML5.
zcorpan
<article>

Return to General Discussion