These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm Advanced search

Wikipedia

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Do you like this logo?

no
50%
yes
25%
other (please specify)
25%

Total votes : 4

Wikipedia

Postby Patio » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

It looks perfect, actually really made for Web2.0 and Wikipedia. I uploaded a logo to Commons and called it oval logo (with a white background you don't see it's oval)

Patio
<h6>

Postby freeTinker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 pm

As logos go, it's fine... but why is there any need for a logo in the first place?

Personally I would prefer something that understates, rather than shouts! - what about simply

HTML5

or just,

Valid-HTML

I get kinda p'd sometimes when my town or some gvmt dept spends my money of stuff like their own self-promotion, and I would prefer to see w3c etc. spend any additional resources or surplus they have on perhaps implementing ISO9001 and then publishing all the documentation on line available for PUBLIC audit- use a standard to manage standards I say!

So, given that I've probably had too much coffee today, I will cast my vote against... :evil:
freeTinker
<h5>

Postby BlueBoden » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:55 am

It makes no sense to put such emphasize on the version number. I prefer the living standard model, and i also think it will encourage faster development and adaptation of the standard.
BlueBoden
<h4>

Return to General Discussion