These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm Advanced search

HTML5 in IPAD

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

HTML5 in IPAD

Postby Gopalakrishnan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 am

Hi All,

I am very new to HTML5, we have proposal from client to migrate our Web application [which is currently developed in Silverlight, WCF, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server Compact Edition for offline] to IPAD.

Small information will also help us a lot.

Please let me know the following clarification regarding executing application developed HTML5 in IPAD.

1. How HTML5 works in IPAD?
2. Is HTML5 supports offline mode [without network connectivity]?
3. Is IIS is required for HTML5?
4. Is HTML5 is offical released?
5. Where I can get sample HTML5 in IPAD sample code?

Thanks.
Gopalakrishnan
<h6>

Postby BlueBoden » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 am

HTML5 is maintained by the W3C as a snapshot of the HTML standard. Some of the newer features of HTML are already supported by most modern browsers.

Your best option, is likely to follow the development of HTML, and see if it makes sense to implement new features.

I can't really be of much help, as of which features are supported by IPad, since i currently mainly focus on the PC platform.

But which server-side technologies that you use, is not really relevant to the client side technologies that you use.

HTML5 supports something called a manifest file, which will enable offline use of your applications.

IIS is not required to take advantage of new features of HTML. Features of HTML, is, as a rule of thumb, platform and server independent.
BlueBoden
<h4>

Return to General Discussion