These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

Mailing list to RSS

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Mailing list to RSS

Postby Xdega » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:20 pm

One thing I have been thinking would be great, is an rss feed that mirrors the WHATWG Mailing list. Not only would this open up many other ways to view the content (read only), via RSS readers etc. It would also give great opportunity's to import the data to other mediums such as these forums for potential "additional" discussion.
I am currently looking at methods to achieve this. There are some services out there that provide "impermanent" solutions, but I think that could potentially be a problem.
Xdega
<h2>

Re: Mailing list to RSS

Postby Xdega » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:23 pm

I am not sure what software we are using for our mailing list, but...I guess Nabble and Gmane have the ability to provide their own RSS feeds, which rules out the need for a "Third Party" solution.
Does anyone know what mailing list software we are using?
Xdega
<h2>

Re: Mailing list to RSS

Postby zcorpan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 pm

There are public archives http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/ ... I suggest you discuss possibilities with Hixie - maybe you can set up some custom bot on the server that updates the forum's database when a new mail is sent to the mailing list or something.
zcorpan
<article>

Return to General Discussion