These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

Selling HTML5 Business Case - The value to the business?

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Re: Selling HTML5 Business Case - The value to the business?

Postby Xdega » Sun May 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Very well said Amtiskaw. Good to see you still lurking around. ;)

also one thing that is interesting is this:
Using HTML5 elements such as <aside> or <nav> means putting semantic structure into the document body itself, but actual meaning is still derived from the content. For example, using meta tags, I could have a page selling prescription medication, but give it tags saying it is an article about fishing. With HTML5, I don't have that ability, all I can do is wrap sections of the content in elements that suggest which bits are the title, the article body, navigation, etc

Basically the current generation of the Web, we are essentially hyper-linking to and thus searching "pages" with a strong focus on meta elements in the header of the page. In the future I strongly believe that we will indeed be searching "semantic elements" instead of entire pages.

And the concept instantly links in my mind with a recent "TED" talk I listened to RE: the future of the web: http://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_kelly_on ... e_web.html

I know this may be drifting a semi-off topic (but focusing heavily on the semantic argument), but why not something a little compelling for your Sunday afternoon.

If you consider the speed that the web is evolving and how it is evolving, you can clearly see where things are going in a general sense. Massive expansion with a need for meaning associated with content (semantics). HTML "5" (living standard) I think really addresses such an evolution if not now, as the spec itself evolves WITH the web.

The way the web is expanding, we simply cannot afford to have meaningless linkage.
Xdega
<h2>

Re: Selling HTML5 Business Case - The value to the business?

Postby luluxiu » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:04 am

If you write bad code, or to comply with the language, so that bad behavior, then you might spend ten to one hundred hours , and learning the strict code may take the ratio of one to ten methods fix the problem.
luluxiu
<h6>

Previous

Return to General Discussion