These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

Certain videos simply stop buffering/loading after a while.

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

Certain videos simply stop buffering/loading after a while.

Postby web3mantra » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:12 am

Now, I've been around on Youtube for almost 5 years now and I'm NOT in the mood for any automated replies, any people seeking some kind of approval rating for their "helpful insight' or petty mod coverage by the oh-ever-so-wonderful Youtube Community staff.

This is not supposed to be rant, so I'll try to keep it short.
Over the many years, Youtube's done a lot of stuff to make me aggrivated, but it all got sorted out pretty quick. Now this issue, yet unexplained and illogical is my following gripe.

Whenever I'm watching certain videos, if not all videos, they start the initial quick-buffer load (where it automatically loads 25% of the bar), yet after that it loads extremely slowly and afterwards it stops loading completely.

I've tried clearing my cookies, my browser cache, I've tried different browsers, cleaning my history, updating all my drivers, flash player, re-installing a ton of stuff and I've tried simply restarting my browser.

I'm running a 60mb/s internet package plan, so it CERTAINLY doesn't pertain to my internet speed. I've been through the Youtube Help files and they say it may be a "temporary site issue". I've looked through this forum and I've seen one other post detailing this particular problem, but it got completely ignored (which I do not intend to let happen with mine).

Could anyone please tell me what the hell is going on? I'm just trying to enjoy some videos, but if they can't load for no apparent reason, I can't get enjoyment out of them, right?

Thanks in advance.
web3mantra
web3mantra
<h6>

Re: Certain videos simply stop buffering/loading after a whi

Postby JAB Creations » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Certain ISP's (from what I've read all are cable companies) filter internet contents and intentionally reduce the performance of their networks because they're after money, not providing great service.

I can understand from YouTube/Google's perspective that it would not be desirable to simply cache a 500 megabyte video and then have the user go elsewhere wasting the bandwidth.

However if videos stop loading for you outright there is certainly something wrong.

There is also HTML5 and Flash to consider...are they HTML5 video elements or the Flash plugin?

"Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle
JAB Creations
<aside>

Return to General Discussion