These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm Advanced search

style tag with src attribute

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

style tag with src attribute

Postby niloy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 am

Why cant we have <style> tag with "src" attribute similar to <script>.... pretty please!!! Please simplify css inclusion.
niloy
<h6>

Re: style tag with src attribute

Postby JAB Creations » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:49 pm

The style element is intended for directly placing the code on the page itself. If you want to link to an external style sheet use a link element in the head of your application.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby niloy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:20 am

Hi "JAB Creations", dont you think I already know that! All I am asking is, why cant we have <style> behave similar to the <script> tag. After a newbie learns to include an image or script using "src" tag, its only natural to assume the same for css. But it doesnt work like that without any good reason. I am basically asking for a feature request since HTML5 has done lots of simplifications to syntax already.
niloy
<h6>

Postby JAB Creations » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:57 am

When you learn, does the world bend to you or do you bend to the world?

If you master something then and only then can you make the world bend to you.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby niloy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 am

Thank you Sir, I now understand why this place has so less active users :D .
niloy
<h6>

Postby JAB Creations » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:13 am

I won't say I know any spec word-for-word letter-for-letter though I assure you I know it well enough to do pretty much everything I can do with the time I have, visit my website and play with the functionality and you might begin to understand. If you feel like contesting me past that point try to replicate the functionality and once you've figured it out what I've said should make sense. The main limitations for me are bugs in browsers and the skewering of standards such as HTML5 that diverge from the path XHTML 1 initiated. That being said there are things in HTML5 that I like more than XHTML though that is a different topic for another time.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Return to General Discussion