These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 pm Advanced search

Looking for Information regarding HTML5 and JavaScript

If you are stuck or have questions regarding HTML or other Web technologies, ask your questions here. No question too dumb!

Looking for Information regarding HTML5 and JavaScript

Postby nicoj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:25 am

Hello,

I'm currently working on my Bachelorthesis with the topic "The future of HTML5 applications in the WorldWideWeb" and I am pretty much stuck right now, because I cant find any sources regarding the necessarity of JavaScript in HTML5. I do know that you need it and i do know why, but as you guys probably know you absolutely need sources.

I'd like to ask you guys if you know any articles, blogs, books or any other kind of literature that might help me as I feel kind of lost right now.

I hope that someone finds the time to help me. I'll even give you a copy of my thesis when its finished. Even though its in my native language (german). So you probably won't be able to understand it. ;)

Thanks in advance,

Nico
nicoj
<h6>

Re: Looking for Information regarding HTML5 and JavaScript

Postby zcorpan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:57 am

You can use HTML5 without javascript. However, some features are only exposed to javascript. For instance if you want custom controls for a <video>, you have to use javascript.

I'd be easier to point to something if you had concrete examples of things you'd want to do where javascript is needed.
zcorpan
<article>

Return to Help & Advice