These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 pm Advanced search

New And Search For Links

If you are stuck or have questions regarding HTML or other Web technologies, ask your questions here. No question too dumb!

New And Search For Links

Postby heilbronn77 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm

OK, I'm new to HTML5 and for that matter to any HTML programming. I'm armed with a new book called "HTML 5". Why did I choose to do HTML? Because I want to solve a problem.

At the job I literally have hundreds of links at my discretion for locations at work. I want to create a page that has all these links. Something like refdesk.com or similar. This is the easy part. Now for the tough part. I would like to key in characters and as I continue to do so the link will highlight. For example, lets say my description for a link "Global Travel Service". When I start to type G then l then o the link under the description "Global Travel Service" is highlighted. Something similar to a Find/Search. Then once the link is found, depress the Enter key and the browser takes me there. I hope I'm clear in my description. I don't want to do a Ctrl+F, if at all possible.

How do I begin or is this possible? Your thoughts and ideas to tackle this problem.

Tony
heilbronn77
<h6>

Re: New And Search For Links

Postby zcorpan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 am

zcorpan
<article>

Return to Help & Advice