These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 pm Advanced search

Interactive webpage

If you are stuck or have questions regarding HTML or other Web technologies, ask your questions here. No question too dumb!

Interactive webpage

Postby avijit.iitd » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi all, I have a question about creating an interactive webpage. My idea is to put an image with many parts so that when a mouse is rolled over a part the information related to that part (image, text) will shows up. As soon as the mouse is moved away that popped up windows vanishes. It sounds easy but for me it has been a big problem. I would like to do it preferably in html5 so that it will be compatible to various browsers. I also don't want to use flash so that it can be accessed from iproducts. Thanks in advance. Avi
avijit.iitd
<h6>

Re: Interactive webpage

Postby JAB Creations » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:07 am

You're talking about DHTML more so than HTML. You'll want to start learning about DOM events (DOM and JavaScript are not the same thing though they closely work with each other).

I recommend starting here...
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM_Cl ... DOM_Events

You'll obviously want to use events like onmouseover, onmouseout and possibly others. Figure out the CSS styling to pull off the visuals and you're good to go.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby zcorpan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 am

zcorpan
<article>

Postby James360Smith » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi avijit.iitd, your problem will be get solved, if you follow Jab Creations suggestion. Your question is simple but you have to take some effort to solve it, i think you are new to this.
James360Smith
<h5>

Return to Help & Advice