These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 pm Advanced search

HTML5 Colour Creation

If you are stuck or have questions regarding HTML or other Web technologies, ask your questions here. No question too dumb!

HTML5 Colour Creation

Postby null » Tue May 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello,
I've been a web developer for many years, but after coming back from a break, I thought it would be fun to play around with HTML5 again.
I am looking for some help however...

I came across this http://slides.html5rocks.com/#css-color HTML5 Presentation, and it gave me an idea:

I would like users to be able to select a colour/shade/hue from a slider, save the data, and finally have it displayed as part of an image.
For example: If you wanted to change the colour of an avatars hair, or the colour of a car bonnet in an online game. The avatar or car would of course be a transparent png image already saved and displayed on the page.

Could someone help me with any ideas on what technology I would be best using for this, or any examples, or suggestions.
Thank you in advance for your help!

I am thinking of using HTML5 for the main page, ImageMagick, php and mysql.
null
<h6>

Re: HTML5 Colour Creation

Postby zcorpan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 am

Why not use a simple <input type=color> for this, then set the background color of the image onchange, and send the color to the server for saving (submit the form or send over XHR), or some such?
zcorpan
<article>

Return to Help & Advice