These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 pm Advanced search

Final project

Here you can discuss stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere; anything you want really.

Final project

Postby Xyloking » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:45 pm

I'm currently taking a course that develops web applications And for our final project we are supposed to come up with a project that can do anything as long as it proves our knowlage of PHP, MY_SQL, javascript, XHTML, DHTML, and Ajax

Any ideas?
Xyloking
<h6>

Re: Final project

Postby bfrohs » Wed May 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Xyloking wrote:I'm currently taking a course that develops web applications And for our final project we are supposed to come up with a project that can do anything as long as it proves our knowlage of PHP, MY_SQL, javascript, XHTML, DHTML, and Ajax

Any ideas?

As lame as it may sound: a calendar.

PHP: Output the calendar into a table with PHP

MySQL: Select dates out of a MySQL database and for each date that has an event (in the database), provide a link for more information.

JavaScript: See AJAX

XHTML: Create the calendar in PHP with XHTML...add a template with content if you like with the calendar on the side.

DHTML: If you don't count AJAX as DHTML, have a function that displays all events for a day in a box when you hover over the date.

AJAX: Upon clicking on arrows next to the month name, change the calendar to the previous or next month.

For an example of this, check out a personal site I'm working on: brandonfrohs[dot]com. I don't have the calendar fully styled, but it gives you the basic idea. Oh, and visit it in FF. I haven't tested it in other browsers as of yet, and I know it won't work in IE.

A month late, but I hope it helps anyways!
bfrohs
<h4>

Return to Off Topic