These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 pm Advanced search

ITT: I point out the obvious irony of this forum

Here you can discuss stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere; anything you want really.

ITT: I point out the obvious irony of this forum

Postby Lirodon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 am

WHATWG is a working group devoted to future web standards.

Does anyone find it a little odd that this software we're using isn't even valid HTML in the first place?

Even worse, I thought phpBB 2.x was unsupported now, maybe switching to something like FluxBB would work a bit better? It at least has RSS feeds...
Lirodon
<h6>

Postby mskinner » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 am

If we changed forum software we would lose the messages already posted.
mskinner
<h2>

Postby JAB Creations » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:47 am

Standards body + forums = impossibly awesome.

While you have a valid point I'm perfectly content to be able to freely post about an actual standard without giving my email address to email scrappers.

If you want to push standards compliance force web software vendors to code everything as XHTML 1.1 and in the unfortunately unlikely event that they did so you'd then see 99.9% of those validation errors disappear.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby Lirodon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 pm

mskinner wrote:If we changed forum software we would lose the messages already posted.

Actually, it is possible to convert to different software, some boards do offer that possibility.
Lirodon
<h6>

Postby jerick28 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 am

Does anyone find it a little odd that this software we're using isn't even valid HTML in the first place? I second to that!!!

how to plan a wedding
jerick28
<h6>

Return to Off Topic