These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 pm Advanced search

"d3dx9_33.dll was not found" Help!

Here you can discuss stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere; anything you want really.

"d3dx9_33.dll was not found" Help!

Postby ruthielmoore » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi people,

I downloaded King's Bounty on my new Win7 64-bit laptop. While brand new, it just has the stock Intel graphics accelerator.. no fancy video card. When I tried to launch the game I got this error: d3dx9_33.dll was not found
I was afraid at first that it was a limitation of my video card. But actually the solution was very simple-- install DirectX.
Apparently the distribution doesn't install DirectX itself, even though the game requires it. Just a heads up for this game, If you know where can i get the file that not found please tell me.

Thanks.
ruthielmoore
<h6>

Re: "d3dx9_33.dll was not found" Help!

Postby JAB Creations » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 am

King's Bounty was released in 1990 for DOS while DirectX wasn't released until late 1995 at earliest. You may want to try using a DOS emulator as in example Sim City Classic's terrain editor did not work unless I used DOSBox. Even Intel's graphics can handle very basic 3D for older games in the late 90s such as the first Unreal Tournament.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Return to Off Topic