These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:06 pm Advanced search

Opportunistic caching

Do you think the HTML spec should do something differently? You can discuss spec feedback here, but you should send it to the WHATWG mailing list or file a bug in the W3C bugzilla for it to be considered.

Opportunistic caching

Postby mayhemer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi, I would like to ask for clarification of opportunistic caching spec in Offline Web Applications, the article 4.9.1.9.

Adding a resource whom URI matches an opportunistic name space seems to be done only for top level documents according to the article 4.9.1.9, cite: "If the resource was not fetched from..." where the resource refers, as I understand, the top-level document being navigated.

I didn't find any other place where a resource whom URI matched an opportunistic entry would be added to a cache as opportunistically cached. I would naturally expect it were part of the networking model, article 4.7.5.1 - "Changes to the networking model", but I couldn't find it, at least not explicitly, expressed.

Maybe I am missing something in the networking model spec: in article 4.7.5.1.4 when URI matches a name space it have to be "fetched normally". Should implementers replace normal HTTP cache used for writing by offline cache to store the resource in it? Instead of normal HTTP cache?

Thanks for advice.
mayhemer
<h6>

Postby anne » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 am

The best place to ask technical questions like this is probably the mailing list: http://www.whatwg.org/mailing-list#specs
anne
<h4>

Return to Feedback on the Specs