These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 pm Advanced search

aboutness

Do you think the HTML spec should do something differently? You can discuss spec feedback here, but you should send it to the WHATWG mailing list or file a bug in the W3C bugzilla for it to be considered.

aboutness

Postby attakmule » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:59 pm

I know that there are tags like meta keywords and description that can be used to give some sense of what a given page is about. I feel that is inadequate though. Perhaps there is something new that I haven't found yet that will handle this... What I would really like to see is an <about> tag that can surround content on a given page that is essentially what the page is about... Is there such a tag in the standard? If not, what would be the process for dealing with this? For anyone dealing with search this is an important topic. Parsing pages is difficult as it is. Trying to really establish what a page is about can be very difficult even with meta keywords, description and title. Anyway...If it is out there, what is it and what is the likelihood that it might get used? If not, is there anything on the table that addresses this particular problem? Having a tag that can highlight the content that represents a page's true aboutness would be really valuable. I have searched on this but really haven't found anything on the subject that is helpful.
attakmule
<h6>

Re: aboutness

Postby zcorpan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Check out microdata and schema.org
zcorpan
<article>

Return to Feedback on the Specs