These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:19 pm Advanced search

HTML5 Implementation Statuses Out of Date?

Here you can discuss things related to HTML and the Web in general that do not fit in to other categories.

HTML5 Implementation Statuses Out of Date?

Postby Pacoup » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm using the HTML5 reference on WHATWG a lot these days in order to better implement new HTML5 templates on the government website I'm working on, but I've noticed a lot of the implementation statuses are severely out of date.

For example, here: http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/cu ... er-element

It says in the little tool-tip box that the Header element is "Ready for first implementations", apparently not implemented yet on any of the major browser nightlies and apparently last modified by 2009-10-23 Hixie, which is Ian Hickson.

Yet, it appears the Header element, among many others, is indeed implemented in most modern browsers. For example, Firefox 5 and Chrome 12 are both capable of styling the Header element, which makes me assume they "support" it of sorts.

Has the specification not been updated in regards to support for these elements or are they still considered unsupported?
Pacoup
<h5>

Re: HTML5 Implementation Statuses Out of Date?

Postby Xdega » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Pacoup wrote:I'm using the HTML5 reference on WHATWG a lot these days in order to better implement new HTML5 templates on the government website I'm working on, but I've noticed a lot of the implementation statuses are severely out of date.

For example, here: http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/cu ... er-element

It says in the little tool-tip box that the Header element is "Ready for first implementations", apparently not implemented yet on any of the major browser nightlies and apparently last modified by 2009-10-23 Hixie, which is Ian Hickson.

Yet, it appears the Header element, among many others, is indeed implemented in most modern browsers. For example, Firefox 5 and Chrome 12 are both capable of styling the Header element, which makes me assume they "support" it of sorts.

Has the specification not been updated in regards to support for these elements or are they still considered unsupported?

Very good point to bring up. I would certainly recommend addressing this in the mailing list, where you may get more reception from the key players @ WHATWG :whatwg: . Maybe even shoot an e-mail to Ian himself (he barely has time to use these forums from what I understand).
Xdega
<h2>

Return to General Discussion