These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 pm Advanced search

HTML Connect - 1-Click-Login

Do you think the HTML spec should do something differently? You can discuss spec feedback here, but you should send it to the WHATWG mailing list or file a bug in the W3C bugzilla for it to be considered.

HTML Connect - 1-Click-Login

Postby PMB9 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:09 pm

I propose a new feature which I call "HTML Connect". Do you know OpenID? The bad on OpenID is that you have to enter your ID each time you visit the page.

HTML Connect would allow an website to register as an IdentityProvider. If this website isn't already approved by you, your identity provider would ask you to approve it. If it's already approved you are just logged in after the click. No need to enter anything.

If you want you can also have your browser as an identity provider, but your browser could offer to save your identity data (key, name, adress, picture, etc) on a backup server.
PMB9
<h3>

Re: HTML Connect - 1-Click-Login

Postby JAB Creations » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 am

The Opera browser has a login button, once you save a user name and a password then the next time you go to that page you can one-click sign in by clicking the login button. :)
JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby PMB9 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 am

"once you save a user name and a password" You mean entering these MANUALLY? FAIL!

But automatically generate a key for you and doesn't provide access to your username and avatar.
PMB9
<h3>

Postby JAB Creations » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:07 pm

JAB Creations
<aside>

Postby PMB9 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:48 pm

JAB Creations, please read my post before you post.
PMB9
<h3>

Postby JAB Creations » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 am

I think you should reconsider using the idea of using the exact same user name and password on every single site you visit.
JAB Creations
<aside>

Return to Feedback on the Specs