These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 pm Advanced search

Video element controls

Do you think the HTML spec should do something differently? You can discuss spec feedback here, but you should send it to the WHATWG mailing list or file a bug in the W3C bugzilla for it to be considered.

Re: Video element controls

Postby Pascal » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 am

The original, initial idea of the WhatWG, of WebForms and HTML5 was, to make more things possible without Scripting. One reason was to make many basic functions available even when Scripting is off.

Of course, not everything would make sense to do without scripting, because this would get too complicated. But the use of the video- and audio-tag sure are one thing, that should be possible without scripting. I don't know, which technical changes have to be done to do this, but they sure should be done.
Pascal
<h6>

Postby Pascal » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

The original, initial idea of the WhatWG, of WebForms and HTML5 was, to make more things possible without Scripting. One reason was to make many basic functions available even when Scripting is off.

Of course, not everything would make sense to do without scripting, because this would get too complicated. But the use of the video- and audio-tag sure are one thing, that should be possible without scripting. I don't know, which technical changes have to be done to do this, but they sure should be done.
Pascal
<h6>

Postby Pascal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

The original idea of the WhatWG and HTML5 was to make more things without scripting. (For several reasons.)

Of course not everything makes sense and/or is possible without scripting. But listening to audio and looking video should be possible without scripting. I'm not sure, what has to be done technically to do so, but it sure should be done.
Pascal
<h6>

Previous

Return to Feedback on the Specs