These forums are currently read-only due to receiving more spam than actual discussion. Sorry.

It is currently Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:13 pm Advanced search

HTML Syntax History

If you are stuck or have questions regarding HTML or other Web technologies, ask your questions here. No question too dumb!

HTML Syntax History

Postby Mohammad.Houssami » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm doing a paper about HTML and I want to talk about how HTML syntax evolved from being awith no constraints and then how DTDs where introduced but it was a mess so XHTML came to solve this problem but it couldnt so finally HTML5 came to live with the problem. I've been searching for 3 days now and I couldn't find any sources about this topic. I hope anyone can lead me to a place where i can find some information or anything related. :)

Sorry if this is no the correct place to ask this question.
Thanks in advance
Mohammad.Houssami
<h6>

Re: HTML Syntax History

Postby JAB Creations » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 am

XHTML (it's media type/mime is application/xhtml+xml) was intended to clean up the mesh that was and still is regular HTML and HTML pages served with XHTML doctypes but still incorrectly served with the media type/mime text/html. The major obstacle to XHTML was Microsoft's decade long delay to supporting it and the fact that most people who write code simply either don't have the time or the enthusiasm to living up to higher standards. XHTML2 and (X)HTML5 diverged when several groups (mainly browser vendors) disagreed with the direction the W3C was taking XHTML2.

You can read more at Wikipedia though you'll not want to reference it for your paper though you may want to consider reading the pages it references for this or any other related articles...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHATWG
JAB Creations
<aside>

Re: HTML Syntax History

Postby zcorpan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

zcorpan
<article>

Return to Help & Advice